The Hon. J.A. DARLEY (15:26): My question is to the Minister for Human Services, representing the Minister for Environment and Water.
1. Can the minister advise the actual cost or budget of the community engagement process for the proposed Landscape South Australia Bill;
2. Can the minister also advise the total number of attendees at the consultation meetings; and
3. Of that number how many were actively involved in the business of primary production?
The Hon. J.M.A. LENSINK (Minister for Human Services) (15:26): I thank the honourable member for that series of questions on the proposed landscape legislation, which was a commitment of the Liberal Party prior to the election. I will take those questions on notice and get back some responses for the honourable member.
Answer to Question
4 December 2018
The Hon. J.M.A. LENSINK (Minister for Human Services): The Department for Environment and Water has advised that:
1. As at 2 November 2018, a total of $216,191 has been spent on the consultants undertaking the community engagement process for Landscape South Australia.
2. Over 1,000 people were engaged in consultation meetings, including 817 who registered to attend one of the 25 public forums.
3. Multiple options were provided for people to identify themselves at registration, with 469 registrations identifying participants as primary producer, landowner or part of the industry sector.